Learn 40 Synonyms/replace
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
LEARN 40 SYNONYMS/Replace the bolded words with one among the more concise terms as said in parentheses.
- FOR SUCH A LARGE POPULATION IT MAY NOT SEEM AKIN. (SIMILAR, RESEMBLING, CLOSE)
- Of the same character. They are closely akin for marriage.
- Of the same way. The habitats of these animals are similar.
- Of the common feature. This car is resembling mine.
- Of the direct family. It is close to the family history of flu.
- FRESH MILK HAS LEACHED INTO THE LOCAL PEOPLE’S DIET. (SEEP, LEAK, OOZE, TRICKLE, DRIBBLE, SOAK, PERCOLATE)
- Painfully dissolving. Bribery has leached into every organ of the authority.
- Slowly diffused. The ideas of change has seeped into the high echelon.
- Accidentally escaping. This news leaked sensitive information.
- Gradually giving an impression. The latest executive has oozed charm and poise.
- Bit by bit proceeding. The way of living farther from the downtown has trickled in.
- Excitingly progressing. His feeling dribbled at seeing the kissing scene.
- Heavily imposing. Common people don’t care how much tax the authority is soaking on racing motorboats.
- Gradually spreading. You can sit and enjoy the news percolating our victory in the playing spree.
- SHE RECALLED HOW IT HAD BEEN A STRUGGLE TO AMASS ENOUGH FOREIGN CURRENCY.(ACCUMULATE, CUMULATE, ACCRUE, HOARD, STASH, STOCKPILE, GATHER)/BUILD UP, PILE UP, STORE UP, SET ASIDE)
a. Collect over a time. It takes ten years to amass a large amount of money.
b. Collect more and more. He isn’t surprised at seeing his money accumulating from his high position!
c. Collect and combine into one. His effect of making service change has cumulated for months.
d. Collect in regular amounts. The bank interest is added to the account as it accrues.
e. Collect and hide away. This compulsive collector has hoarded thousands of antiques.
f. Collect ans secretly store up. Corrupt officials’ wealth was stashed away in Swiss banks.
g. Collect and hold in reserve. Weapons are stockpiled in case of war.
h. Bring together from scattered places. They are smart at gatherting information in competition.
i. Step by step proceed. Negative leads have builded up carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
j. Develop into a pile. They secretly piled up data as the professional hacker.
k. Keep in one place. They stored up goods for future use.
l. Put in a specialized state. This project has been se aside for dealing with collapse.
4. THEY HAVE CONTINUED THEIR MISSION GRANTING MILK TO DISADVANTAGED CHILDREN.
(UNDERPRIVILEGED, DEPRIVED, UNFORTUNATE, ILL-FATED, ILL-TIMED)
- Socially or financially unfavorable. These measures can’t help disadvantaged families.
- Not having the same living standard. Underpriviledged children have lived without money, possession, education or opportunities.
- Lacking in material and cultural benefits. Society’s deprived class has enlarged so high in the recent years.
- Marked by misfortune. I’m sorry for such a lack of unfortunate taste in the food.
- Having bad luck. They kept calm in coping with the ill-fated failure.
- Inappropriately done. The mayor made an ill-timed announcement for his measure.
- THEY ARE HELPING CHILDREN IN DIFFICULT CIRCUMSTANCES AND SPECIAL CONDITIONED FAMILIES.(TAME, HABITUATE, FAMILIARIZE, ACCLIMATE, ACCLIMATIZE, ACCUSTOM, ACQUAINT, ADAPT, ADJUST)
- Put into a desired state. National interests are conditioned on the international politic battleground.
- Make something wild to the environment. They are mad to tame a lion as a house cat.
- Become physically used to a place. They liked to habituate the chimps to human life situation.
- Make more easily grasped. Using exercises is the good way to help students familiarize specialized terms.
- Adapt to a new climate. It’s hard for him to acclimate to a high altitude.
- Change to suit a condition of life. These trips help them acclimatize themselves before ascending the Everest.
- Constantly making practice. I tried to make my eyes accustomed to hot sun.
- Make aware. They planned a campaign to acquaint the mayor with a new reform.
- Make used to a new purpose. Schools have to adapt to modern pedagogic practice in teaching social sciences.
- Fit by altering small changes. Standing in front of a mirror, he smoothed his hair and adjusted his tie.